You can browse the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information to our servers located in the United Kingdom. Where sensitive data is stored, it is held in an encrypted form, only readable by programs that are themselves protected by password and by access point.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- Email address, physical contact information;
- Credit/debit card information;
- Transactional information based on your activities on the Site – such as bidding, buying and content you generate or that relates to your account;
- Delivery, billing and other information you provide to purchase or deliver an item;
- Community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through the Site, and correspondence sent to us;
- Computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Site, and ad data; and
- Other information, including your IP address, Browser, Operating System, Domain Name and Time and other standard web log information.
You can register as a member at no cost or obligation to you. Registering as a member requires you to enter an email address and password (“Membership Information”). We do not sell, rent or pass on your email address to any other company. We never have, and we never will. When you become a member, we assign you a Customer Number and store the date of membership. On the membership form, you may opt out of receiving any newsletters that we may send. If you do not opt out when joining, we will send newsletters to you as they are created. On each newsletter, you will be given the facility to opt out of receiving future newsletters. This information is made available to our Operational and Marketing staff. Note that all of your activities on the Site will be traceable to your Customer Number.
When entering into a sales transaction we require, in addition to the Membership Information, certain contact information. This extends your membership record to include your Name, Address and Telephone Number. This information is made available to our Operational and Marketing staff.
When goods are to be delivered, we need to have delivery details, so we will require you to provide a Delivery Name, Address and Telephone Number. This information is made available to our Operational and Marketing staff and may also be shared with any courier company that we may use for the delivery of the goods.
Credit/debit card information
When paying for goods or services via credit card, we require you to enter your credit card number, expiration date, card type (MasterCard, Visa, etc.), card holder name and card security code. This information is entered directly on to a page hosted by our credit card payment processing provider, a PCI DSS Level 1 certified facility, who store these details in encrypted format and provide us with a ‘token’ that we store and use to refer to the card for transactional purposes. They also provide us with the first six and last four digits of the card number, the card holder name, and the expiration date which we store to assist in identifying which card you wish to use in the future. We do not store the full credit card number at any time. Due to our use of the ‘token’ system, card information does not need to be made available to our Operational staff and it is not possible for any of our staff to obtain full credit card information.
When you place an order, we will keep a record of the type(s) of item(s) purchased, the quantity, pricing information and any delivery cost. For analysis purposes, we also store the date the order was placed and the date it was shipped. This information is made available to our Operational and Marketing staff and may be made available in summary, non-specific form to any of our business partners by way of analysis or the payment of royalties and/or licenses in the supply of such goods. At the end of placing the order, we may ask you to enter certain simple items of marketing information to help us develop our business. You may elect to not enter this information.
Our primary purposes in collecting personal information are to allow for payment by credit or debit card while providing you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customised experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- Provide the services and customer support you request;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms and Conditions of Sale and policies;
- Customise, measure, and improve our services and the Site’s content and layout;
- Tell you about targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties
Our disclosure of your information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property or safety.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Members of our corporate family to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and provide joint services (our corporate affiliates will market only to users who request these services);
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations, such as fraud investigations, bill collection, order fulfilment, shipping, affiliate and rewards programs and co-branded credit cards;
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service;
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity – in which cases we will disclose name, city, telephone number, email address, User ID history, fraud complaints and bidding history.
We use “cookies” (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain pages of the Site to reference information stored on our server, such as member details and any preferences, in order to improve your browsing experience. Cookies are also used to track user’s behaviour on our Site for analysis purposes, so that we may work towards offering a better service to our customers. Third party referrals to our Site, from either their web site, from a dedicated link elsewhere, or from a printed URL are recorded using a cookie, which enables us to pay any commissions due to the referrer for your visit to our Site. Cookies are stored in the server logs and their contents are stored in the Site’s database. Browsing behaviour, in anonymous form, may be made available to our Marketing and Operational staff and may be relayed to any business party in the interests of improving our services. We do not profile individual customers using cookies.
A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- Most cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session;
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Site; and
- In the event that we host any third party content on this website, you may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of this website that we do not control.
Surveys, questionnaires & competition entries
From time to time, we may invite you to take part in Surveys, Questionnaires or a Competition. These will obviously take different forms, but will all involve the capture of answers and other personal information – typically name and email address. Competition entries will be made available to our Operational staff so that winners may be selected. Other information will be made available in summary form to our Operational and Marketing staff. Such information may be made available to business partners, particularly where a third party is organizing or sponsoring the event. If this is the case, you will be made aware of the arrangement and in what form your data is to be passed on.
To unsubscribe from our mailing list simply click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our marketing emails and you will be opted out of all email communications.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters, and special characters and do not disclose your password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify us and change your password.
Accessing, reviewing and changing your personal information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by logging into the Site. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Should you so wish, and upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts in order to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any monies owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
We take the issue of security very seriously. We have established security measures throughout our Site as a way to protect our information and facilities, and in so doing we protect your information. Where personal information is entered on and transmitted to our Site, this is done using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL or https) encryption technology. All of our operational and administration facilities have tightly restricted access to protect your privacy. Access to these facilities is only available over a Virtual Private Network which uses high levels of access restriction and encryption. In addition to this, sensitive information is stored in an encrypted form. Our employees are aware of their responsibility to protect your personal information.
While we treat data as an asset that must be protected and use many tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure, there is a possibilty that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications.
Linking to other web sites
Accuracy of our Site
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of our Site, both in its operation and its content. If you discover any errors or omissions, please email the details to: [email protected]
76, Dhuleshwar Garden